Monday 7 July 2008

wave me over, anytime

Not feeling all that chirpy these few days, but seeing as ive promised the bali trip update...here it comes!!!(pfffft).

As i enter a title for my latest entry here about the recent bali trip, suddenly many things come to mind. I'm caught almost unawares by the fact that my previous trip(in '07) and my recent one (this June) were both accompanied by my then, and current partner. I dare say that this trip was definitely more exciting and a whole lot more fun... maybe its because id been there just the last year, no? And i had already become quite acquainted with Kuta and that certain stretch of white sands near Jimbaran.

This time my darlingest journeyed with me of cos, along with my parents, and we had quite a trip, though we were all lamenting that those few days werent enough towards the last afternoon. My only regret was not submerging myself amidst those icy, surging waves earlier...we 2 couples only had about half a day on the beach thats all. My mum and dad didnt bother getting wet in the waves, and proceeded to get pampered on the sand (on blankets we had to buy mind you!) with manicures, pedicures, full-body massages and of course bottles of iced teh botol to quench the thirst brought on by the unforgiving rays of mister sun. I've put some pictures below (with captions naturally) so that you can hopefully grasp a little of the feel we went through there before you get to yours later this year *grin*

breakfasting the next morning. i specifically remember our table praising the pork bacon to the skies...yummy and authentic, not like the rubbishy stuff we get at most of our hypermarts (you call that bacon?!?) After feasting, we adventured towards kuta square in search of that long-awaited massage and also to nip a few shopping bargains along the waaay

going through my 2nd childhood as i swing myself crazy in th children's playground. wheeeeee!

getting ready to tan by the resort pool

once our toes gripped onto the sands, i tell you, all that sun couldnt burn out the pure ecstasy in us as we played like kids in the cold water :)

haha...my bebe also got "cold feet" himself whilst trying to get me to sink to my waist in the icy waters! In th end...we both sunk in and boy, was that some adventure for urbanites like us!

And so, we've come to the end of a little show n tell that coulda gone on and on (too many pix la)... but good things have to come to an end, and im sure as hell gonna make it happen again...s o o n...

2 comments:

Kristie said...

yes chen i also wish i could go for break again soon, the next time i hope would be with jayden! :)

GeishaExtraordinaire said...

yea the next trip for you wld be at least the 3 of you...!