Sunday 6 July 2008

one of the more memorable parties yet!

I know i havent been bloggin for a while now...sorry ohk! Anyways, many phases of developments and incidents have passed since the previous melaka trip update! I'd just like to highlight a few memorable events such as my sister's baby shower, my bali trip with my darling and parents...and then some.

As for throwing a baby shower, i remember having to squeeze some time aside to "get the party started". I certainly did not have prior experience to throwing a party, what more a shower to welcome my soon-to-arrive nephew! :) I set about doing a lil research on the net to draw up a baby shower invitation, sms/email/reply to these invitees...luckily i found a really cute baby boyish picture background which i could simply edit some of the corners, colours, insert the date/time/venue/agenda/etc, and also this little poem that i whipped up (with suggestions from mama bear of cos):

It'll be raining mittens and booties at this baby shower
So mark this date down and give me a holler
Thrown in honour of James and Kristie Tan
Your presence is requested to anticipate their new Mister Tan
So come along and skip to our beat
As we welcome their little king with many new treats!


Of course we had to throw a party proper, so everybody was delegated to do something. My parents took care of the f&b and also got the proud soon-to-be-parents a beautiful cot. My step sis-in-law literally just drew up some games, while kristie, me, james and my bebe had to go search for prizes and gaming items. Might as well as give the task back to us, aint that right LAZY? :P My step bro was also informed at the eleventh hour to step in as a games mediator and i got to say he executed it beautifully. The night went on really well, most of the guests who came were away for a while and then back in kl so it was a real chump to see em :) We ended up singing karaoke with some of kitty's colleagues until about 2am++...yeah man. So without further ado, i've put a coupla pix below to give yall a 'feel' of what it was like that day!

James, the proud papa-to-be, helps himself to yummylicious food & beverage

papa and mama bears

yours truly, kitty and mummy cheesing for the camera amidst squeals of "wah you all really look like sisters hor"...

me transferring cottonballs to an empty bowl, spoonful by spoonful. me is the only contestant that tooks the longest! grrrrrrr

kitty slicing up some 'thanks 4 coming to James & Kristie's baby shower' banana chocolate cake

and then we sang the night away...we continued to sing after the guests left :)

1 comment:

Kristie said...

yeah chen.. we did have loads of fun that night, thanks so much my dear party planner, muuuaaaaks!!!!!!!!!!!!! couldnt have done it without u :) jayden says: thank u aunty janice... muaks...